OpenSeaMap-code is admistered at https://github.com/OpenSeaMap.
- every theme/topic has its own repository
- every repository has its own repository-team
- members of a repository-team have write permission
- in repository "general" all OpenSeaMap-devs have write permission, currently the repository itself is empty and only the issue tracker is used
- by default all OpenSeaMap-devs are member of the "general" team and receive notifications when new issues are created
- every repository has a maintainer who should take care of commits, branches, pull requests, etc.
If you like to become member of a team, or if you need a new repository:
- Please ask at Contact.
How to contribute
- Grant repository access only to very few people.
If anyone can push changes, there will be a mess and the quality will decrease.
- People who like to support the project should fork the repository,
create a clean commit (with a reference to the issue in its description)
and then create a pull request.
- Pull requests allow the maintainer of the repository to do a review and comment unclear things.
- Bugs and features have to be added to the issue list in the corresponding repository.
- Git Best Practices
- A Note About Git Commit Messages
- Commit Messages : 50/72 Formatting
- How often and when to commit changes
- A successful Git branching model
Every repository has a maintainer:
|10||general||all together||Currently only the issue tracker is used.|
|12||ios-app-openseamap||Helge||Repo is empty...|
|15||logger-tplink-0183||Victor||Repo is empty...|
|20||website||Maintainer for content: Markus|